Re: Shoddy parts, slippery suppliers, mute consumers

To: type79@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Shoddy parts, slippery suppliers, mute consumers
From: "Colin Cobb " <cobmeister@zianet.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 17:42:04 -0600
Hey Jay,

Since I don't recognize most of the suppliers you list on your OK list I
conclude they are eeensy-beeensy houses... Even some individuals which is by
far the riskiest way to buy.

Since I see Nisonger on your OK list I conclude this whole rant against Moss
must be a joke since I think that Nisonger IS Moss so how can Nisonger be
superior to Moss? Sort of "I'm my own Grandpa..."

I don't really see the basis for a complaint if you choose to stockpile
something for a few years and then find it is the wrong part or of poor
quality. We need to open those boxes upon receipt and inspect that
pig-in-a-poke...

I don't know of any supplier that claims to offer EVERYTHING for the cars
they specialize in.

But my main point was/is the folks you have to tell about inferior quality
is the seller. Frankly, if you don't do that you don't have much basis for
your complaint. And when you do have a problem with a major supplier there
is generally recourse available to you.

Cheers!

--Colin Cobb, Las Cruces, NM, USA
'41 Chevrolet Coupe, '65 Sunbeam Tiger, '66 Morgan Plus Four, '89 Alfa Romeo
Spider