Re: Spit Starting Troubles!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spit Starting Troubles!
From: "Mark N. Pacey" <M.N.Pacey@sheffield.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 1995 09:25:14 +0000
Tom,

I had a similar problem when I first tried to start my old Mini.  The
PO had rebuilt the engine before I got involved in the rebuild
project and when I came to refit the distributor found that he had
put the drive back in 180 degrees out from where it should be.  Two
options, either rebuild the distributor back to front, or get the
drive out and refit it properly.  For one reason and another, I went
for the rebuild, but I suppose changing the drive is the proper
solution.

Good luck!
Mark