Re: New Spit owner!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Spit owner!
From: erupert@marlin.ssnet.com
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 95 10:41:53 EST
Hi Tom,  In November of 1994 I became the owner of a 1966 MK II Spitfire.  I
am also in the process of restoring it.

Here's where I am to date:

Bought the car in November
1st w/e - got it running again (It was in storage for 6 years)
2nd through 8th w/e - did absolutely nothing (work was horrendous)
Christmas Holiday - Decided to put in new carpets - uncovered lots of
interesting things.  Re-bushed the tranmission linkage (Well spent $20)
Various cleaning and polishing of the instrument bezels and such
Ground down the floor pans and re-painted with a Zinc based rust inhibitor
Replaced the windshield gasket & trim

Presently - The entire interior has been stripped.  I am in the final stages
of stripping the exterior.  I am working on the rocker panels and floors which
were done previously (fairly good job).

Need to Weld on new front outriggers.

I thought at first (silly me) that I would just do a couple things and detail
the engine compartment and I would be off and running.  Now, I am in the midst
of a total restoration.  Didn't seem right to do a crappy job and patch it
together.

So, hopefully we will be able to continue to swap horror stories (I am sure
you will find lots of little things the previous owner forgot to mention)  and
the good stories when its back on the road.

<---- Begin Included Message ---->