advice, please

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: advice, please
From: Christopher Michael Neal <cmneal@tenet.edu>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 1995 15:26:53 -0600 (CST)
Hello all--Please give advice/opinions about a car I'm considering buying.
It is a 1972 Triumph Spitfire (1300 engine)ÿû.  OK top, original paint, but
needs to be re-painted.  There is some floor rust, but not excessive.
There is no OBVIOUS fluid leakage, and it seems pretty well kept. I didn't
have much time, so I didn't get to drive it or do much REAL inspection.

He wants $2200 for it, but may come down alittle. Is this a relatively fair
price based on these fuzzy details?? The car is currently running.  It is a
2 hour drive to go see the car again. Worth my while if I really miss driving
one?? Is there anything specific to this model car I should know??

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Chris Neal
Wacko, TX