Re: Engine color for an early '65 B

To: RLDesign@aol.com
Subject: Re: Engine color for an early '65 B
From: jerry@tr2.com (Jerome Kaidor)
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 1994 07:33:30 -0800 (PST)
RLDesign@aol.com wrote:

> The engine color on all MGBs until about mid 1971 (18V engine series) was a
> deep red. On a '65 B, deep red is correct (Moss sells the exact shade), and

*** BTW, the MG engine paint that Moss sells has minimal hiding power.  It's
wise to prepaint the engine with a more pedestrian red engine paint, and then
overcoat with the Moss stuff.

   I was somewhat disappointed to find that nearly everything in the engine
bay was the same color!  Apparently, MG painted the assembled engines as one
piece, as a cost cutting measure.  And then installed them on the chassis.

   Oh well, I guess we're lucky they didn't assemble them on the chassis and
THEN paint them :-).

                                    - Jerry Kaidor