RE: British Cars Digest #1502 Wed Dec 28 01:15:00 MST 1994

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: British Cars Digest #1502 Wed Dec 28 01:15:00 MST 1994
From: "ALFIE::MRGATE::\"A1::FELTS1\""@id1.atc.alcoa.com
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 1994 7:51:06 -0500 (EST)
From:   NAME: Tom L. Felts
        FUNC: SFTY (38)
        TEL: 412-337-2024                     <FELTS1@A1@ALFIE>
To:     NAME: VMSMail User SMTP%"british-car
<SMTP%"british-cars@autox.team.net"@MRGATE>

This is for anyone who has nothing better to do this "in-between" week but
to read this.  Last week I brought the 66E-Type home, 85% complete.  Seems
the restorer was very skilled in restoration, but long on money management.
 To eliminate the chances of having the workshop locked up with my car in
it, I opted to bring it home and finish it myself.

Still need to hook up most of the electrics--although the new bundles are
properly strung.  Carbs, water lines, vacuum lines, ect ect need to be
hung, and the bonnet still needs painting---he will do this!

For those of you who are into home garage restoration projects, you know
what it's like---parts everywhere.  Actually I'm pretty good at organizing
them into systems--something the restorer seemed not to be able to do.
Makes the job much smoother.  Actually, I enjoy rehanging much better than
removing.  the little plastic baggies, well labled, and the photos/diagrams
I did helped greatly.

I do own one of the factory service manuals, but they are poor on photos of
specifics.  I've begun calling around to other owners and will take more
photos of the finished product to help.  It's funny how 5 years can help
you forget just exactly where some parts go!!

I think I'm now beginning to forget all the pain of this restoration, and
am enjoying it at this point----.

Believe it or not, yesterday in Pittsburgh, I drove the 65 AH 3000 to
Steubenville, OH--Welsh Jag, for parts---actually got up close to 50
degrees.

If there are others out there restoring E-Types and want to talk, contact
me.  I enjoy the net---it's the first thing I plug into when I come to
work.  Hope 95 is good to you!

Tom Felts
412-337-2024