Re: Online access

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Online access
From: smenzel@halcyon.halcyon.com (Sandro Menzel)
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 1994 19:31:48 -0800
>Dana Henry suggests:
>
>    At present we [The Roadster Factory] are set up to take orders
>    electronically online.  You can email me with parts numbers,
>    credit card number, etc.
>    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>I would STRONGLY suggest not doing this.  Electronic mail is NOT secure,
>and I for one would NOT want valid credit card numbers floating about
>on the public network.  Well, I wouldn't mind your numbers being available,
>but I am not going to send mine out ;-)

Agreed.

For an off-the-wall thought, how about encoding messages with orders using
PGP encryption.

For those who don't know, with PGP encryption one has two keys: a private
and a public. A message encoded with one requires the other to be
decrypted. Vendors could publish their public keys.

Oops. Just realized that I really strayed from the general topic of
Brit-mobiles. Sorry about that.

Take care

Sandro

'66 Midget