Re: Online access

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Online access
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 1994 18:28:15 -0700
Dana Henry suggests:

    At present we [The Roadster Factory] are set up to take orders
    electronically online.  You can email me with parts numbers,
    credit card number, etc.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I would STRONGLY suggest not doing this.  Electronic mail is NOT secure,
and I for one would NOT want valid credit card numbers floating about
on the public network.  Well, I wouldn't mind your numbers being available,
but I am not going to send mine out ;-)

A better bet would be to have a number on file, given through a phone
call or something a bit more trustworthy than email.  But I am sure that
lots of places are going to be doing it soon, and lots of people believe
that nobody anywhere along the line will snoop into their email.  So if
you do send your card numbers out, take a good look at your monthly
statements.

mjb.