J.C. Whitney

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: J.C. Whitney
From: LUCE@KRDC.INT.ALCAN.CA
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 1994 12:54:51 -0500 (EST)
Regarding availability of J.C. Whitney sourced parts:
As a Canuck who hasn't dealt with J.C. Whitney since I last lived in
the USofA, I have another, related question re: JCW.  The last time I
bought something from them was circa 1975 and the whole operation struck me
as the worst bunch of incompetents imaginable.  I ordered a set of intake
valves and a set of exhaust valves for a 1275 Mini.  I recieved in the mail
a set of 4 intake valves, and 4 left-hand headlamp buckets for a 1927 Ford.
Took forever and a day to get the whole mess straightened out.  I recall a
lot of other guys had similar woes.  Has JCW now got it's stuff in one
bucket?
Bomber