Re: vanity plates

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: vanity plates
From: LUCE@KRDC.INT.ALCAN.CA
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 1994 13:05:31 -0500 (EST)
No matter how big the sign you put on the car, someone will always fail to
read it.  An officer of the law once pulled up behind me while I was
stopped beside the road (yes, I was fixing something) and demanded to know
"what kind of car is this, some kind of Ferrari?".  I refrained from
pointing out the letters  L  O  T  U  S  moulded in characters 6" high across
the rear bumper.  How annoying to have ones LBC mistaken for some Italian
marque :-)  Just one of the crosses we must bear.
Cheers,
Bomber