Re: smog pump removal

To: british-cars@triumph.cs.utah.edu, mcconfr@mail.auburn.edu
Subject: Re: smog pump removal
From: jab@netrix.com
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 1994 09:20:46 -0400
>Has anyone removed their smog pump from their MG B?

The pump was gone from my TR7 when I bought it.  Be *sure* to
save the parts.  More and more areas are performing a visual
inspection of the motor, and all original pollution equipment
must be in place.

You will probably have to run the carbs leaner if you have to pass
a tailpipe sniffer test.  This is due to the fact that the exhaust
will not be diluted by the air pump.  I'd suggest that you just
loosen the belt on the pump to keep the bearings from wearing out
and keep the drag on the motor to a minimum, but don't remove it.

-Jim.
----
James A. Babcock, Software Engineer   Email:  jab@netrix.com
Netrix Corporation                    '92 Honda Accord
13595 Dulles Technology Drive         '76 Triumph TR7
Herndon VA  22071        Give Blood -- It's a great feeling!