Re: smog pump removal

To: mcconfr@mail.auburn.edu, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: smog pump removal
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 94 09:55:20 -0700
In message <Pine.SOL.3.91.941026110737.22801D-100000@mallard> Fredrick Mcconnell
writes:
> Has anyone removed their smog pump from their MG B?  I know it is
> probably a stupid question, but before I think about removing mine off of
> my '71 MG BGT I wanted to get a response.

snip

> Would it improve the performance or increase
> horse power?  Any suggestions? Once again I appreciate all who respond!
>
> War Eagle
>
> Fred McConnell

You might pick up the  2 or 3 HP required to turn the pump.  Not enough to
notice.  Your car would pollute more and make the environment a little wose for
everyone else.  In many states its illegal to remove the factory SMOG equipment
and you could find yourself slapped with a major fine.

So why not let it be.

TeriAnn Wakeman        Large format photographers look at the world
twakeman@apple.com     upside down and backwards
LINK: TWAKEMAN
408-974-2344                         TR3A - TS75519L,
                       MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, Land Rover 109 - 164000561