motors and engines (was TD oil)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: motors and engines (was TD oil)
From: Jody Levine <tr7@io.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 1994 15:18:15 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
> >
> > Well, if you want to pick nits, "motor" is used correctly only as in
> > electric motor, while "engine" refers to internal combustion or steam
> > engines.  OTOH, it does sound silly to say "enginecycle" instead of
> > "motorcycle"...
> >
> > Chip Old              1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
>
> Yeah, just think of all those Harley-Davidson tattoos that would have
> to be re-done.

And I'm still trying to figure out where to shovel the coal in the laser
printer engine. Also, I'd like to know what voltage receptacle I need
to have better motor control in my fingers.

Yeah, yeah, nobody likes a smaratss, especially one that can't type....

Jody - tr7@io.org - toronto - no Rover SD1 yet!