TR6 Interiors

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Interiors
From: DON BATSFORD <BATSFORD@BBN.COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 94 10:24:27 EDT
New rule - If you are over 40 yrs. old you do not have to tell your age
to anyone for any reason!!! You gotta problem wid dat???

The real reason for this posting is to comment on my current experience
with the TR6 interior install - I had requested suggestions back in
early August, regarding suppliers for complete interior packages for my
6.  George Haynes suggested that I call the folks at Chester's Britalia
in Utah,(thank you George!) so I did and Susan Chester was very helpful
sending samples and answering all my silly questions.  Well, I couldn't
believe that for just over $800 they would supply Leather seat covers,
new diaphrams, plush carpet set (with under felts attached) and a
complete vinyl panel set.  They did mention that the panels are sewn and
not heat bonded like the original equipment (don't you think that
stitched seams will hold better than bonded?).  I took the deal and
waited as my wife commented " Gee, you sent them all that money, what if
you don't like the stuff that they send you?"  Then I started to think
perhaps I am just too trusting, what will I do?  Good news - the stuff
arrived a couple of weeks ago and it is just beautiful!  The
craftspersonship is wonderful - so far I have put the seats together
with the addition of a foam set from TRF (did you know that foam sets
don't include headrest foam?) and the comments from the family have been
" gee dad, the seats came out a lot nicer than we thought they would."
Thanks, I think.  If are recovering seats on a 71 or thereabouts and
would like my $.02 worth of advice please feel free to ask.  The door
panels look great (they got installed last night).

Good service, price and quality - I am a happy customer!!!

Regular disclaimers: I have no interest in.........

Chester's Britalia Restoration
Lindon, Utah

801 - 785 - 7185

Tell 'em Don says hello.

Don (Nov. in Mass. is not too cold for top down driving) Batsford

1971 TR6 on the road - and soon with a sharp looking interior

Batsford@bbn.com     Cambridge, Mass.