Radar and others

To: <British-Cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Radar and others
From: "POCHE@music.loyno.edu" <POCHE@MUSIC.LOYNO.EDU>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 94 13:49:11 CST
SendMail TO(BritCars) Subj(Radar and others) File(JAN26941.oma)
BlackTiger Mailer - Msg Created 01-26-1994 .. 13:11:34
... Much Stuff deleted
>Be prepared to spend $300+ for any unit worth owning. Sounds expensive,
>but your current situation will cover that several times over. Forget
>radar jammers. They are illegal under FCC regulations and will absolutely
>get you arrested big time. If

Not really. One of the best designs of jammer that I have seen is
a passive reradiator design that IS NOT an illegal transmitter.

you thought the speeding fine was high, I believ
>the penalty for illegally operating a microwave transmitter (which is
>what a jammer is) is $10,000! Plus you could spend time in jail. BTW,
>contrary to publicity in VA and CT ownership and use of radar detectors
>is a Federally protected right (also under FCC rules). Any citizen has the
>right to own and operate ANY radio receiver, which is all that a detector is.
>Radar absorbing bras don't really work.

YEA! That is the truth BUT try telling the cop!

More Stuff delete......

Since this discusstion is going on (even though it has nothing
to do with LBC's) does anyone have any teory behind the "laser"
guns and how they work (and how they can be jammed?). I don't think
they can really be lasers since I think most people would frown on
untrained goofs pointing laser beams into the eyes of oncomming drivers.
I assume the are Infared xmiters of some sort and I dont think it is
illegal to emit ligt from your car.

 ! Louis A. Poche'                 !  Chief Engineer                  !
 ! Internet: POCHE@music.loyno.edu !  Loyola University               !
 ! CompuServe:   73007,1521        !  Department of Communications    !
 ! Amateur Radio: KD5XE            !  6363 St. Charles Ave.           !
 ! Voice Phone: (504) 865-3636     !  Box 201                         !
 ! FAX:         (504) 865-3666     !  New Orleans, LA 70118           !