Re: Chrome plating

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Chrome plating
From: toms@sharebase.com (Tom Sabo)
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 94 11:45:59 PST
It's expensive to plate anything in CA because of the
toxic waste disposal fees.  Probably best to ship
interstate.  You want triple-plating (copper, nickle, then chrome)
for your jag... otherwise the chrome is likely to flake or
rust through before long.  Also, the triple plating (or "show
chrome") looks better.  Let me know if you find a place,
cause my Aston Martin and 'Vette could use the treatment,
but I haven't asked around yet.  I saw some ads in Hemmings
in the midwest, but I prefer a personal reference.