STARTER PROBLEMS

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: STARTER PROBLEMS
From: COSTICH_ALAN/HPATC1_01@i3125ent.atl.hp.com
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 94 08:51:00 -0500
Scott #1,

It seems to me that by now you would have resolved your
starter problems. I have a suggestion. Early last spring
a friend was just finishing a complete restoration on an
MGA. He couldn't get the starter to turn the engine over.
We went to his rescue. The bottom line was that he had
painted both the engine backing plate and starter mount-
ing flange. Although the starter worked great on the bench,
the only way to get it to turn when mounted in the car was
to jump it to ground with a battery cable. Once the paint
was scrapped off both surfaces, everything was nice nice.

Alan