Thermostats (do LUCAS own WAXSTAT?)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Thermostats (do LUCAS own WAXSTAT?)
From: jeffreys_m_j <jeffreys_m_j@bt-web.bt.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 1994 15:13:03 +0000
Ever since I fitted the rebuilt (by myself) Sprint engine into the TR7, I
have been disappointed by the heater output. I put it down to the non-
standard heater hoses. I also disregarded the lowish temperature on the
gauge as being a function of the old sender. Lets face it, I had fitted a
brand new 88 degree thermostat, so it couldn't be that!

Over the weekend, I pulled the thermostat and compared it with an old 88
degree item. The 'new' 88 opened at 72 degrees!!!! My winter car now has a
heater (spot the loony).

Moral of the story is check all thermostats before fitting.