Re: Round arch Spridgets

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Round arch Spridgets
From: "Ian.King" <Ian.King@advanced-robotics-research-centre.salford.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 94 09:13:33 GMT
> From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu> wrote:

> When the bugeye was current, there was a "Sebring" fiberglass front with
> conventional headlights and bugeye grille that changed the bugeye from
> cute to pretty (IMHO).  I would love to have one of those Sebring bonnets.
> I have a couple of spare bonnets, and some day I intend to convert one to
> a replica of the Sebring front, JFTHOI (just for the hell of it).

> Ray Gibbons, Burlington, VT.

I believe that all the sebring stuff (including the hardtop) were glassfibre.

These are now available again (along with everything else required to
"Sebringfy"
a bugeye, including bonnet, hardtop, back end, correct wire wheels, seats, glass
etc, etc (even a complete new bodyshell) from a firm here in the UK. In either
glass
fibre or Diolon(sp?) a kevlar like composite.

An article appeared in a UK magazine a few months back, which was quite
complementary.

If anyone is interested I will look up the references (including prices).

=%-)

Ian

p.s. I saw the first one one at a show recently and took a few pics, I keep
meaning to digitise them
and put them on the ftp server but haven't got around to it yet.  If I get
enough interest I might
actually remember to do it.

p.p.s. I also have some pics of a WSM Sprite (even prettier IMHO) now if
someone has one of those for
less than 5k then ..... ;-)