Re: TR3 Brake resevoirs

To: uunet!apple.com!twakeman@uunet.UU.NET
Subject: Re: TR3 Brake resevoirs
From: dec254!reed@uunet.UU.NET (John Reed)
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1993 09:45:33 -0500
TeriAnn,

A gentleman named Bryon Powers from Hunt Valley, Maryland had a late
TR3A (TS75345L) at the 1989 TRA nationals in Uniontown, PA.  He claimed
this car was completely original, and the only part which was replaced was
the battery.  He had purchased the car from the family of the original
owner somewhere in Maine.  The car was in very good condition and he had
the window sticker, tool kit and most everything that came with the car.
I believe the car had been stored in a barn as the original owner had
died some time ago.

I took a look at some pictures I took of this car and they show a black
painted resevoir with the clutch/brake decal.  There was some paint
worn off the cap and in general it looked like it had aged on the car.
All of the original resevoirs I have seen have been painted black, but this
is the first one with the decal.  My guess is the decal comes off easily or
was only applied to later cars.

The TRA judging standards specify a black resevoir with the decals, but
then again this is not gospel (except to maybe a judge).  You might also
check with Tom Householder in Lancaster, OH.  He holds some office with
TRA; I don't have his address with me but I can get it for you if you
need it.  Tom owns an original, very early TR2 which he purchased at
the Harrah's auction several years ago.

Good luck getting everything back where it belongs.  I'll be trying to
do the same with my '57 TR3 next spring.

john