Re: new enthusiast needs help (paul stafford)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: new enthusiast needs help (paul stafford)
From: "Andrew C. Green" <acg@hermes.dlogics.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1992 15:45:54 CST
Paul Stafford (pauls@hpsrrjp.sr.hp.com) writes:
> I'm 6' and 210# ( I don't know how many stone that is)

Precisely 15.     1 stone = 14 lbs. avoirdupois = 6.36 Kg.

> so I imagine that leaves out Spridgets and similarly-sized carlets.

Not necessarily. I have roughly the same measurements and while I would
describe the fit as "snug", it was not uncomfortable.

> I'll just bet that someone on this mailing list has something to say!

I'll bet. Rather than pitch a particular model at you, suffice to say that
I think you're setting your sights in pretty much the right time frame. I
lost interest in MGs when they acquired big honking rubber noses and lost
the nice chrome rings around the instruments, replaced by quantities of
plastic. My $.02 only...

-- Andy