Snyder Sighting

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Snyder Sighting
From: Ron Hood <hood@advtech.uswest.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 92 13:26:55 MST
Here's an update on Larry Snyder's adventures with his new Triumph GT6+
and the drive from Portland to St. Louis.

At present (1:00 Tuesday afternoon) he is in my garage here in Louisville
Colorado with his differential on the floor, awaiting a new unit from a
local racing buff.  What had started out as a noisy rear end in Portland
turned into a painfully loud one by Salt Lake City and eventually
transitioned into a non-functioning differential by the time he reached
beautiful downtown Wamsutter Wyoming.

Larry called me just after noon yesterday and we were able to tow him
here by about 11:30 last night (after staring at the back of my mini-van for
250+ miles Larry will probably be seeing visions of it through most of
Kansas).  If all goes well he could be rolling by later today, after which
he will only have another 14 or so hours to go.  Easy.

As I recall, someone had suggested that he bring along an extra rear end.
Obviously this shows what happens when one chooses to ignore the collective
wisdom of the list.

Ron
--
Ronald C. Hood                                  U S WEST Advanced Technologies
hood@uswest.com                                 Boulder, Colorado