Riley, Magnette?

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Riley, Magnette?
From: ian@Centric.COM (Ian Macky)
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 92 18:09:49 PST
T.J. Higgins knew what these two were, I though the list might be
interested:

"Magnette is the name given to many MG 4-door sedans/saloons from the
1940s to the 1960s.  I tried to find a gif, but was unable.  The later
Magnettes look very much like a Jag Mk II.

Riley was a separate English car maker who used many Austin and MG
mechanicals.  The line for which they are most widely known is the RM
series, from 1948 to 1953 (I think).  Riley built cars from after WWII
to about 1960.  When Austin and MG merged to form BMC, Riley was part
of the deal and was swallowed up.

Daren Stone on this list has a '48 Riley RM and can tell you more (if
he hasn't already)."

Thanks TJ....

--ian