Re: My car was violated...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My car was violated...
From: dombey@ssc-vax.boeing.com (John R Dombey)
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 92 09:06:54 pdt
TWIMC,

I read somewhere a _long_ time ago, that one cure for sugar-in-the-petrol was
to simply mix water with the gas.  The story was that the sugar has a greater
affinity for the water than the petrol, and will dissolve in it - leaving the
sugar-free (no nutrisweet cracks here...) petrol to be poured off the top.  I
have been diligently trying to forget all of my college chemistry for the last
XX years, so cannot swear to the validity of this theory.  Any Chemistry types
out there care to comment?  I suspect that as a practical matter, it would be
easier to drain the tank and save the gas for starting the BBQ (yes I know,
but I _LIKE_ playing with matches...) or maybe killing unwanted flora, and
refilling the tank with fresh gas.

fondest regards,

john