Rain-X

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Rain-X
From: rbt%dracut@keps.kodak.com (Bob Tufts)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 92 13:37:44 EDT

Will (wsadler@silver.ucs.indiana.edu) writes:
> I have been getting a puff a black oily smelling smoke at startup
> ever since I replaced my head.

That must--  No, I'm not going to touch THAT line... ;-)

> Has anyone used that RAIN-X stuff on their windshield?  It seems like
> this would work well at night in the rain.  I wonder if it works
> on softop plexi-glass windows too.

Father-in-law uses it on his Buick and the results are nothing short of
stunning. The water just blows clean off. Only thing he told me is that
it requires reapplication at least every month or so, more so if the car
lives outside.

-- Andy

My Esprit came with this stuff applied. Indeed the wind does a fine job (rarely
need wipers), but I've notice a severe case of "white-out" when passing under
street lights when it's raining. I don't know if it's the angle of my windsheild
or the fine "microbead" effect of Rain-X, but be ready to use your wipers at
night!

-Bob T.