rain-x

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: rain-x
From: brucec@amex-trs.com (Bruce Carter)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1992 15:34:28 -0700
> Has anyone used that RAIN-X stuff on their windshield?  It seems like
> this would work well at night in the rain.  I wonder if it works
> on softop plexi-glass windows too.

I have used Rain-X since I bought the wife's robo car (Taurus), and the
dealer had it put on as a make ready process. Shortly after buying the
car we drove from Austin to Little Rock, Arkansas. On the way we hit one
of the nastiest rain stroms I have seen in years in that part of the
country, and low and behold the water beaded right off the windshield.

I have not seen what the other folks talked about the "foggy" film, but
then it hardly ever just sprinkles or mists in Texas, when it rains
there it really rains, even if it is just for a short period of time.

I did put it on the MGB including the softop plexiglass rear windows, it
did not damage them in any way that I could see. But I never got to test
it for the beading factor, it never harldy rains here in Arizona (the
Zone). I have not re-applied it to the B since I have been here for the
above mentioned reason.

Your mileage may vary. But I highly recommend it, it sure makes driving
in the rain alot safer.

Bruce...

"I value little my own opinions, but value just as little those of others."
                                                                -- Montaigne