Re: Re: Palo Alto Trip Report, or I owned an MG

To: twakeman@apple.com
Subject: Re: Re: Palo Alto Trip Report, or I owned an MG
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 92 16:10:46 pdt
> Date: Tue, 15 Sep 92 14:55:45 -0700
> From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
> To: DSTONE@sc9.intel.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re:  Palo Alto Trip Report, or I owned an MG
>

> I was walking along a row of T series MGs talking to someone when I noticed
> that one of them had a SS knockoff on the spare. I had to stop and look again.
> There in the middle of a long row of T series MGs was a SS100. It looked
> enough like the T series MGs that the person telling people where to park
> probably directed it into the T series line instead of the Jag area.

I recall a couple of discussions about the origin of the name of the
SS100 recently and since this is one of my all time favorite cars
I looked this one over pretty carefully.  Sure enough it sez Jaguar
right on the badge a bit below the SS-100.  I thought someone said
that SS-100's weren't really called Jaguars; that the name was changed
after the war?  Maybe I'm just confused.

> TeriAnn

Snake goes on the road tonight!

Roland