Re: Triumph TR4a Ad Spotted

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumph TR4a Ad Spotted
From: Cory Carpenter <coryc@sequent.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 92 16:17:04 -0700
acg@hermes.dlogics.com asks:
>Any typos above are the responsibility of the Sun-Times! Maybe someone
>can enlighten me about what the "-IRS" suffix means. Nice to see an ad

I've always assumed that "IRS" stood for independant rear suspension.
Have I been laboring under a false impression?

The thing I would like to have explained is what the heck a "swing
axle" is.  Is it just another term for a solid rear axle/diff slung from
leaf springs, or is it some incredibly arcane British suspension
treatment?

-coryc