Re: NMW/car dollys

To: british-cars-local-request@wsl.dec.com (James TenCate)
Subject: Re: NMW/car dollys
From: miq@chromavac.esd.sgi.com (Miq Millman)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 92 9:41:50 PST
Well I just talked to them. the tray that the wheels sit in has a 2" lip,
they have 4 ball bearing casters 3" in diameter, with a 3000 pound car, 1
person can spin the car around.  has a rolled lip.  12" are $160 set, they
also have 16" with 6 casters weight for these are about 4800 pounds total.
A heavy duty version of the 12" dolly is available, costs $200 and can hold
5500 pounds suitable for a Chevy Suburban or similar.  Dollys are made of 12
guage steel for regular duty, 10 guage steel for heavy duty.  The fellow on
the phone has a TR-4 on a set and he says that he can give the car a gentle
push with one hand and the car will spin a 180.  There is no locking
mechanisim for the casters, suggested to use a U shaped piece of plywood.

I think I'll be buying a set of these for Frankensprite.....

--
The new MGB is like trying to make a goldfish out of a terrier: legs off,
fins on, tube through the back of the head so it can breathe, bit of gold