Senate Bills

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Senate Bills
From: medtron!pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@uunet.UU.NET (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 92 12:52:19 CST
On those Senate bills:  I have gotten a summary of the bill S.1220

It has a lot of range, from Outer Continental Shelf to coal technology.

The only thing that interests us is included in Title III:
"Authorizes...financial assistance to State programs encouraging voluntary
removal from the marketplace of pre-1980 model-year automobiles."

Minneapolis just had a program where they would pay you $50 for any gun you
brought in.  Sam Ting, I guess.  I know there was a $750 bounty on old cars
for the crusher in California.  Still going on?

So far, no word on US Senate Bill S.326

Phil Ethier, THE RIGHT LINE, 672 Orleans Street, Saint Paul, MN  55107-2676
h (612) 224-3105     lotus@pnet51.orb.mn.org
w (612) 298-5324     phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov  (list goes here)
"The workingman's GT-40" - Anthony Colin Bruce Chapman

--
Login name: phile                       In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324