Re: TR Windscreen Replacment

To: british-cars@hoosier, walker@hprpcd.rose.hp.com
Subject: Re: TR Windscreen Replacment
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 92 09:15:04 -0800
Darrell, Take your TR to an automotive glass shop.  For a reasonable price
they will replace your windscreen and/or seal, use a good sealing goop &
guarentee the job.  To get the seal to seal, you need to add some very very
sticky goo that wants to jump off onto anyting it comes near
while you try to fit the windscreen back in. I did the TR3 windscreen
myself and had the pros do a side of the Land Rover's split wind screen.
Never again will I do my own if I have a chance.  Do your self a favour
& get an estimate or two before tackling the job yourself.

Oh yes, & the window place got the windscreen cheaper than I could going
through one of our British mail places.

TeriAnn