Re: TR Windscreen Replacment

To: british-cars@hoosier, twakeman@apple.com, walker@hprpcd.rose.hp.com
Subject: Re: TR Windscreen Replacment
From: sbender@dsd.es.com (Steve Bender)
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 92 14:05:17 MST
> Oh yes, & the window place got the windscreen cheaper than I could going
> through one of our British mail places.

I agree with TeriAnn that it behooves one to look to a local glass shop
to at least -BUY- the glass... When I replaced the glass for my TR4A,
I called a local shop who delivered it to my doorstep that afternoon and
the price was about 20% less than mail-order (freight aside).

As for replacing it yourself... I found it relatively easy (for two people)
and have had no problem with leaks.  I suppose it's like taking on any other
LBC task... If you want to do it yourself you probably can -OR- you can opt
to have someone else do it.

-Steve-