GT6 rears

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 rears
From: DANIELS@LMSBV2.TAMU.EDU (Another Crystallographic Triumph)
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1993 12:36:54 -0600 (CST)
>lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com:
>>Is this a MK III rear? How does it differ from a MK II?

Mike G.:
>I don't think there's a difference between MKII and III rears from what I've
>been told.

According to the info extracted from the "gt6.ascii" file on hoosier, the
standard ratio on the MkII was 3.27:1 and on the MkIII was 3.89:1, unless
you got overdrive, in which case you had a choice on the MkII:

  Triumph GT6
                                  Chassis numbers: KC1 to KC13752
                                  Final drive 3.27:1
                                  (3.89:1 with opt. overdrive).
  Triumph GT6 Mk.2
                                  Chassis numbers: KC50001 to KC58046
                                  Final drive: As GT6 but overdrive now
                                  available with either 3.89:1 or
                                  3.27:1 final drive.
  Triumph GT6 Mk.3
                                  Chassis numbers: KE1 to
                                  KE24218 (not continuous)
                                  Final drive: 3.89 standard with optional
                                  overdrive.

Of course, as usual, there were probably exceptions to these coming out of
the factory door.

Lee M. Daniels - Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding - Texas A&M
   daniels@lmsbvx.tamu.edu  |  DANIELS@TAMLMSB.BITNET  |  (409) 845-3726
        "Naughty, you can reform, but stupid is forever" -Andy Capp