names

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: names
From: work@riggs.b30.ingr.com (R. Kevin Riggs)
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1993 16:06:28 -0600
I just caught up with a week of britcar mail and have to publish my car
names:

My wife's first car, a '79 VW Rabbit with an exhaust header leak was
Thumper, prompted by the thunking exhaust leak and another obvious
reference.

Not surprisingly, I named my first car, an '83 VW GTI, Jack when I
purchased it a year or so later.

My favorite, though was my wife's family car, a large, somber early 70's
black Chrysler New Yorker.  Originally, they called it The Hearse.
Around 1977, though, they changed it to Patty.

I long to discover an appropriate name for my '72 TR6.  However, in the
7 years I've owned it, none has come to mind.

I couldn't think of a better name than the one supplied by the factory
for my '89 Trooper.

Kevin Riggs
work@riggs.b30.ingr.com