Re: Re: Wire Wheel Play

To: britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com
Subject: Re: Re: Wire Wheel Play
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 93 09:58:30 pst
> From: britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com
> Subject: Re: Wire Wheel Play
> To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british-cars@autox.team.net)
> Date: Thu, 14 Jan 93 10:22:40 MST
>
> However when I had the oportunity for very heavy emergency braking (dog
> running out in the road) I discovered just how easy it is to strip all 4
> wheel splines simultanously.  This of course left it imposible to stop under

At the Monterey Historics last September one of the Mk II Cobras raced
had wire wheels.  Actually I've seen a number of wire wheeled Cobras
in races over the years.  Probably just about every AC ever raced had
wires and they were pretty successful in their class.  I certainly
wouldn't race my snake with ww but apparently they have stood up to this
kind of hard use in the past.

Roland