re: California taxes

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: re: California taxes
From: knipper%optilink@uunet.uu.net (Ron Knipper)
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 91 08:44:55 PDT
California AB 758 is now law according to Assemblywoman Bev Hansen's
office.  AB 1434 is dead.  I am attempting to get the text of AB 758
out of California Dept. of Justice [yeah, I know - oxymoron].  I will
post this information when/if I get it.

This bill was shoved down our throats to deal with the State budget
deficit.  The proponents claim that it will only cost the average
family $40/year.  What the hell does *average* mean?  Rumor has it that
it is just an increase to the existing registration fees.  If that's
true, then the tax will be heavily weighted toward Blue Book.  This
would be a hard hit on new luxury cars, but not too bad on vintage
and near-vintage automobiles.  Last year, I paid $50 registration on
the 1975 Aston Martin.

Wait and see...

Ron Knipper
DSC Optilink
707-792-7238
I've seen the best of men go past
I dont't want to be the last
Gimme something fast

   -- from "Something Fast" a good driving song [goes directly to the
      the right foot] by The Sisters of Mercy