Air compressors

Subject: Air compressors
From: mit-eddie!fs1.ee.ubc.ca!rodb@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 90 11:51:33 PDT
I am considering buying a compressor and air tools to do some body
sheet metal repair work.  The current discussion on compressor setups
is interesting, but at the risk of rehashing an old worn topic, could
somebody with experience comment on compressor hp, tank size, one
-two cylinders and brand quality?  I would like to sand blast, chisel,
paint, etc.  From what I have heard, a 2hp 20 gallon Speedaire compressor
is about right. Is this true?  What about 110 vs 220v?

Thanks,
--
Rod Barman, Dept. of E.E., University of British Columbia
rodb@salmon.ee.ubc.ca