Palo Alto british car meet {ripoff??}

To: british-cars%alliant.alliant.com@RELAY.CS.NET
Subject: Palo Alto british car meet {ripoff??}
From: "Teriann J. Wakeman" <mit-eddie!APPLE.COM!twakeman@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 90 10:44:32 -0700
I went to the Palo Alto British car meet last sunday & like the years before
there were >500 British cars to look at.  But I keep compairing it to the
Portland meet the week before.

PORTLAND:
Sat morning field meet and concourse for certain marques. Peoples judging.
    Awards given 1st through 3rd in each major car catagory. Live music.
    Evening Cotails & dinner. TONS of raffle prizes.

Sun Autojumble {fleamarket}, cars for sale area, autocross, funcanna, rally
    Followed by awards banquet.

All kinds of regallia, dash placs, shirts, mugs, pins.

PALO ALTO:
Sun: Starts 10:00. drive in pay $10, a folder full of advertizements for
     car products and services, a momento {this year a cup}. Park your car.
     Walk around & look at other cars. Live music for a couple of hours.
     people choice award for best in show {one award for all marques}.
    1 bathroom & 1 water fountain {if you can find it}. About 3ish you get back
    into your car & leave.

If I had one British field meet per year, it would be the Portland meet. After
Portland, the Palo Alto meet seems a $10 ripoff.  Its a shame because there
are more cars that go to Palo Alto.  I think what the SF Bay area needs is a
real Poertland style {Also very similar to Triumphfest & a lot of other marque
meets} British car meet.

Mind you I have fun looking at the cars & at the Triumph club party afterwards,
but, the Palo Alto meet is so boaring compaired to the great job that the
people do in Portland.

TeriAnn