TR4A beats Jag E type!

To: sol@hoosier
Subject: TR4A beats Jag E type!
From: mit-eddie!hoosier.utah.edu!mjb@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Mark Bradakis)
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 90 09:00:30 -0600
Yes, folks, it was close competition.  A field of 11 started, with 5 of
the cars being Triumphs, 5 being MGs and one Jaguar XKE.  Oh, and one
fellow had his kids with him in some econbox, I think it was red.

We ware late getting off to a start, as I decided to start last and take care
of any stragglers who may have gotten there late.  But start we did, right
after Jim's Spitfire and Steve Bender's 65 TR4A.  By the way, Steve was the
first to find out that Utah now allows 7 letters on ego plates, so his reads
TRIUMPH.

I won't bore you with the all the intermediate details, but when Karen and I
reached the final stop at Sugarhouse Park, Mike Johnson in his Jaguar was
the current leader.  But thanks to Karen, the Fat Chance crew was able to
score a decisive victory, getting the trophy until next year's event.

Yep, Mike had the win so far, with a pair of aces and a pair of twos.  The
first three envelopes we opened were an ace, a 2 and another ace.  I was
hoping we might tie, but our last card turned out to be a third ace!

The credit goes to Karen, as she was the one who picked the cards out of the
hidden cans on our annual poker run, I just sat in the car.  Lots of fun, but
I think we decided that the trophy holder has to set it up next year.  No
chance of a repeat performance, but it should be just as fun next year.

mjb.