Re: [Bricklin] Hood Latch

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] Hood Latch
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 19:19:34 -0500
I purchase a replacement cable a little thicker at 1/32 about 10 feet.  I
believe the original is 1/64.  I removed the center cable and fed this one
through.  I added a little grease for the length of the cable sleeve.  After
going through the passenger side attachment. I looped the remaiing cable
under the wiper motor and over to the drivers side wheel well (similar to
the Bricklin article).  I cut the cable where enough length could be outside
the wheel well.  I used the remaining cable to make a loop around the
drivers side attachment and used a clamp for the loop then ran the wire to
where the passengers wire was in the wheel well then used a clamp to connect
both wires together.  Close the hood and checked the emergency wires by
pulling on each side and listening for the click.  Worked fine.  Then I
tested the hood latch handle from the inside.  They both clicked at the same
time now.  Hopefully the thicker cable is getting a little more pulling
power on the passenger latch.

Hopefully I am good on this issue with the back up.  Thanks for all the
emails.

Greg 0036