Re: Exhaust Wrap

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Exhaust Wrap
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 19:41:45 -0400
At 05:28 PM 10/27/2008, Greg Schroeder wrote:

 >This floor heat issue has been a big one for me. ....

 >I have thought about the half moon shape to catch the heat.  Is there a
 >preferred material steel, aluminum, stainless that will help reduce the heat
 >the best?

Greg,

Smoky Panepinto did an article for the magazine (with input from me,
The Bricklin Boyz, and Kevin Hand),  "Problems? No Problem - Too Much Heat?" a
few years ago about this problem.   (I think it was the July 2004
issue.) Kevin Hand made up some heat shields and had pictures of
them.  Kevin and Jim Kelliher also put some special insulation on the
bottom of the floor pan, under
the car. This deflects the heat before it starts to cook the
fiberglass.  There are
both good options.

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229