Re: Exhaust Wrap

To: "Rick at High Tech Coatings" <rick@hightechcoatings.com>, "bl"
Subject: Re: Exhaust Wrap
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 16:28:22 -0500
I have thought about the half moon shape to catch the heat.  Is there a
preferred material steel, aluminum, stainless that will help reduce the heat
the best?

This floor heat issue has been a big one for me.  That was the reason for
the headers and new exhaust system.  Even though it looks good and the sound
is great.  With the AC working the heat eventually builds up making the car
not much fun to drive. Now that it is getting colder it is not an issue
since I basically get the heat for free.  One of my goals since I got the
car was to make it a realiable dialy driver even though I would not drive it
every day.  I would like to have the confidence I could make long trips if
needed.  Right now 20 miles without the heat would be great, I can only go
to local meets which are less than 10 miles away.

Another possible issue in trying to reduce the heat, my car is running
around 160 to 180 degrees.  So I have done a good job in cooling the engine,
but have I done to good.  Is the running temp to low?

Greg 0036