Re: Carb Problem

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carb Problem
From: Maycinc@cs.com
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 21:55:09 EDT
I forgot to mention that the problem only occurs after it sits for several
hours.  It starts fine if it hasn't sat very long.   The 2150 is the stock carb
that came on the 75's.

It doesn't appear to be the bowl vent to the canister as I disconnected it
when I got home from the show yesterday and this morning the fuel level in the
bowl was low again.

Here's the symptoms:
1) Right after I shut the engine off, the fuel bowl is full and the
accelerator pump seems to work fine.  The engine will start right up.
2) After it sits for several hours, the fuel level in the bowl goes down to
just below the top hole in the accerator pump and well below the level of the
intake from the fuel pump.  Fuel does not squirt into the intake when I move
the throttle.  Engine will not start until fuel gets back into the carb.

I'm thinking that it's either one or more of the following:
1) The float level is too low so if it goes down just a little there's not
enough fuel.
2) The fuel is boiling out - don't really think it's this because it didn't
happen with my other carb and the engine doesn't overheat.
3) Somehow fuel is draining through the accelerator pump into the intake -
this might explain why it stops just below the top hole.

Anyway, since it has a 1 year waranty, I'm thinking about taking it back and
getting another one.

Marvin