R-12 to R-134 Conversion - Continues

To: "Bricklin International" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: R-12 to R-134 Conversion - Continues
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 09:07:35 -0500
After cleaning up the engine to remove the oil and lead detector sealant.  I
determined the hose that bursted was the low pressure side hose.  I removed
the connection at the compressor and I was able to rip the hose in half.
Since this hose was laying across the engine and had been empty it had dry
rotted through several layers of the hose.  So I was fortunate that it blew
while I was not moving.  There was enough of a mess without having the
additional air flow moving it all over the car.

Now to remove the hose fitting inside the firewall.  From reading previous
articles this may require removal of the dash.  Is there another option?

Has anyone done this and then replaced a fitting that connected outside the
firewall so that it is easier to get to in the future?

Are there R-134 fittings that can fit directly into the compressor?  When
using an adapter it is a very tight fit to make the connection to fill the
system.  It would also be easier to not have to open the valve manualling as
with the older system and have the valve release that works with the new
connections.

Greg 0036