Re: Bricklin cooling

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bricklin cooling
From: "Mitwelt" <mitwelt@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 14:27:41 -0400
Well, once again, especially with carbs, the fresh air vents pose some risk
without the gasket in place.  Not sure if a few degrees are worth it.  Of
course, there are other areas that permit engine compartment fumes into the
passenger area too, and these should be addressed. Secondly, the B is a
funny car, and high temps also seem to plague the 75s at a narrow band of
highway speed, somewhere around 70 mph.  I can't remember exactly since its
been a while the elec fan is in place and all temp anomalies have been
resolved, but TT and I discussed this problem at length some time ago.
    Certainly, it's great when someone takes the time to actually gather
supportive evidence to forward an hypothesis.  I would keep in mind that the
results of your experiment are rudimentary, preliminary, and anything but
conclusive.  But they seem to support some additional cooling benefit at a
narrow band at lower speeds, but not stop and go traffic..  Great job!!!

stephan #2821