Re: Other Gullwing Doors

To: "Ken Thompson" <kthompson@totalaccess.net>,
Subject: Re: Other Gullwing Doors
From: "Michael DeLuca" <turbodmc@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 10:18:57 -0400
The Delorean doors are not to bad , most of the lift comes from a tortion
bar and the balance of the lift comes from the gas struts. Problems with the
delorean doors in the early years came from the electronics that would cause
the electronics solinods to jam, lock you in the car while cooking a few
hundreed dollars worth of electronics. This problem has been resolved by the
Zilla Products for Deloreans. Because the Delorean doors get part of their
lift from gas struts they will  vary with temperatur so if you use the car
all year long from summer to winter you would have to adjust the tortion
bars to compensate for the difference in temperature (they would tend to get
droopy in winter do to colder temps.

Adjusting the tortion bars on a Delorean can be dangerus and you need a
special Jig, and a 6' (thats right foot) braker bar.

Delorean doors when adjusted corectly open fast and easy as good or better
then Bricklin air doors (imho).
I still have the orignal hydraulic doors on my B and while they may be slow
and problematic I think it is very cool to be in a parling lot (on a sunny
day that is) and slowly open the doors to the onlookers, if  my B was a
daily driver I would not think too much of org doors.

Regards,

Mike
B vin 1557
D vin 3113