Re: Window problems

To: JohnM@onsitetrading.net, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Window problems
From: Maycinc@cs.com
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 17:09:43 EDT
The window guides for '74 and '75 are different.  The front guide on the '74
goes all the way to the bottom of the door.  On the '75 the front guide only
goes down part way such that the window is not in the guide when it's down.
To keep the window in place, the '75 has a vertical track at the front.
There is a roller, that is attached to track on the bottom of the window,
that rides in this track.  The bottom of the track can be moved
forward/backward about 1 in. The roller and track are what keep the window in
the rear guide.  This roller is held in place by a flat piece of metal with a
bolt through it.  What happens sometimes is that the flat metal piece bends
(it's not strong enough) allowing the roller to slide in the window track.
This allows the window to come out of the back guide as it is rolled up/down.
  It takes quite a bit of trial and error to get the front roller/track and
the small rear track adjusted so the window doesn't come out of the guide.

On the '74, the bottom of the front guide can be moved forward/backward to
adjust the spacing between the tracks.

With either '74 or '75 if the front track is not adjusted properly, the rear
roller will come out of the small track.