Re: Great car to own (Bricklin)

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Great car to own (Bricklin)
From: "CBL302" <cbl302@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 20:00:15 -0400
From: CBL302 <cbl302@email.msn.com>
To: egroups <Bricklinews@egroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2000 7:52 PM
Subject: Great car to own (Bricklin)

 Since owning Vin#1024 since 1980,the only problems I have encontered was:
 One broken rocker arm
 Replaced Master cylinder
 Replaced both front capliers and pads
 Replaced all tires with BF Goodrich Radials TA'S (metric version)(optional
 as I wanted to save the orignal TA'S)
 Rebuilt The orignal carb (twice)
 Replaced orignal upper and lower radiator hoses
 Everything else is still orignal including the exhaust system.

 On the other hand Vin # 1136 has had:

 New mastercylinder and Brake booster
 Repaired/or replaced muffler and repaired part of the exhaust system
 Tires (and need to repace again)
 Major Frame repairs(was DONE right)
 Major Fiberglass repairs
 Seats replaced
 Carpets replaced
 Hydroelectric  pump replaced
 Brakes repaired/replaced all around
 Front end alinement
 Door switches rebuilt (interior and exterior)

 Compare that with other exotic cars,
 and you will find that the Bricklin is as reliable as a
 Japanese car.

 Between Both Bricklins amounts spent since 1980
 for repairs,total to appox.$2600.00,that's $130.00
 per year for both cars or $65.00 per year per car,that does
 not include oil changes and tune ups.

 Totals for Vin#1024 is appox.$750.00 spent on repairs since 1980
 and that includes tires,that's $37.50 PER YEAR on average.And NO
 vin 1024 is NOT a JUNK on Wheels(see pics in files section) It is a VERY
 BEAUTIFUL
 SHOW car,as I have won many first place tropies at major car shows in my
 area,and
 Malcom Bricklin Himself, could not keep his eyes off my car,as were were
 caravaning back to Big VII
 after picking him up at the Pittsburg airport.(1982) and the car still
 remains as nice.

 WHAT A GREAT AND RELIABLE CAR, Malcom Bricklin has Made.