Re: Window problems

To: "bricklin" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Window problems
From: "High Tech Coatings" <htc@MNSi.Net>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 06:55:49 -0400
John
My guess at your problem is that your regulator is bent in the scissor area
(common  problem) This throws everything out of whack. The regulator can be
fixed, but first it has to be removed. Once out the bend will be quite
evident and can usually be straightened in a vise and a little hammer
action. a small brace can then be welded between the center pivot and one
arm to strengthen it and keep it from bending again. Before welding be sure
the center pivot will still move with the brace in. If you need further
directions email and I will try to describe the brace or call either Hoffman
or tanner as they have braced regulators. I have done this to 3 sets of
regulators but I ALWAYS  do a complete rebuild of the window mechanics every
time I have to replace/rebond the door skins. Boy is it ever easy then.
Rick 2028/0539