Alternator wiring....and timing

To: "'bricklin@autox.team.net'" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternator wiring....and timing
From: "Olenick, Jamison" <Olenick@ssims.nci.nih.gov>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 15:13:37 -0400
I just replaced my alternator and my voltage regulator (which was the actual
problem).

When I hooked the alternator back up to the car I found that I had one blue
wire coming from the alternator that did not connect to anything.  Anyone
know where this wire goes??  I could not find it on John's diagrams....maybe
I did not look hard enough....

Note:  car is a 1974 with a recent Ford Duraspark conversion.

Also, I am having a really hard time trying to set the timing.  The
indicator over the crank/balancer is almost impossible to see.  Any helpful
hints?

Anyone know the firing order on the 74?  ...so I can find out which bank
starts at 1 and which one starts at 5.

Thanks,
Jamie